Tuesday, May 1, 2007

America: Freedom to Fascism

I recently watched a movie, and then I proceeded to host that movie here on campus. The movie was very informative and educational. America:Freedom to Fascism taught me a lot of things i did not know about the government. The movie started out by grabbing the viewers attention. Of course, who isn't gonna be intrigued by the statement, "There is no law that requires you to pay your income tax." What the movie then went on to do was to prove, conclusively, the statement they had made. By interviewing Jurors, Tax Law Experts, former IRS Commissioners, and other experts on the subject, they definitely show the unconstitutionality of the Federal Income Tax. Once they had established that first truth of the illegality of the income tax, they continue to other points to show the process of the transformation from a country with freedoms to a Police State. They included such things as the Federal Reserve System, which is not federal but is rather a collection of privatized banks. This organization has the ability to print and issue money, when the constitution plainly states that only the government has that right. In a sense the government has allowed this illegal act to continue ever since 1913. To continue their argument the Federal Reserve System lacks any oversight from congress.

It was amazing to see this argument unfold, and as it did things made much more sense in terms of biblical prophecy to me. As I opened up my mind to this possibility of the USA as a Police State, I discovered new things that really challenged my prior beliefs in this country. Because of my open mindedness, I was able to learn something that I had never known before. If I, as a future educator, can apply this same technique to my teaching, I will become a great teacher.

No comments: